Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Fairness Doctrine - or should I say, the Censorship Doctrine

Here's a letter I've sent to both Senators and Congressman Chet Edwards . . .

I am hearing more and more lately about the possiblility of the Fairness Doctrine trying to be put back into place. I beg of you, not to vote in favor of anything that even remotely resembles the fairness doctrine.

This idea completely goes against free speach. All people have the same opportunity to be heard on tv, radio, or the internet - that's what is already fair. If they choose not to be heard through those outlets, that's their choice, but forcing radio, tv, or internet to have equal time on both sides truly becomes bondage and not freedom at all.

As a citizen who loves this country and the freedoms it stands for, I am asking again that if this issue comes up, you not support it in any fashion.

Thank you
!
Lara Norris
College Station, TX

No comments: