Friday, July 2, 2010

Faith Challenge

Some background: It's been on my heart to write a book about finding God in challenging situations. Back in March or April, a friend of mine who lost her 8 year old daughter 9 years ago, mentioned in front of me wanting to put her daughter's story in book form. I later offered to help her with that if she wanted it. She's taken me up on the offer which is exciting!

However, now I am truly having some faith challenges. I am currently putting the journal of events that lead up to this precious girl's death into a Word Document. As I read the faith filled, enthusiastic, life giving journal, I struggle with the fact that I already know how the story ends. It isn't a happy ending, yet through all the circumstances this family found and saw God the entire journey.

I knew this family. I loved her daughter. Our youngest has taken her name for her middle name to give honor to this family and their precious little girl. If God had chosen to heal her, she would have just turned 17. Almost an imaginable thought to picture her as a 17 year old young woman.

God - I am asking for your strength, wisdom, and insight on how to put this manuscript together. The ultimate goal is to glorify you and anything less would be counterproductiive to the goal that has been set. Give her mom and I strength and courage to face the hard things and still find Your miracle working, Sovereign, Loving presence in this writing. Let Your light and love shine all over the pages of this project and let it touch the hearts of those who also have loved and lost. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: