Saturday, January 3, 2009

Give Me A Revelation, Show Me What to Do . . .

The Christian music group "Third Day" has a song out called, Revelation. It's been out for a few months, but it seems to really be hitting me in the gut right now.

I posted a few months ago about not really being sure where I fit into the whole Batteries Plus thing. Back in September, the church called me and said they were looking to hire someone to work 20 hours a week doing Children's Ministry stuff along with some other miscellaneous tasks. I was glad to have an opportunity to do something different. The job could start in 2 weeks or begin after the first of the year. . . they weren't 100% sure. Dennis was excited for me and said to take it. As the semester moved along, I began to feel extremely uneasy about working at the church, which made no sense to me at all. I've always wanted to be on staff at our church. I love the people and what we do and why not get paid to work doing what you love and believe in? I started talking to Dennis over the course of a few weeks just to try and sort through why there was no peace in this decision. I finally verbalized to him that I felt going to the church, at least at this point in time, didn't feel like the right decision. He didn't question me, but said I needed to call our Children's Pastors immediately. I did so and they still love me. I feel bad that it's taken this long to get to a point of realizing that direction, for whatever reason, was wrong at this time. I still am puzzled by the whole thing, but feel at peace with the decision.

That said, God: Give me a revelation. Show me what to do, 'cause I've been trying to find my way and I haven't got a clue. Tell me should I stay here or do I need to move. Give me a revelation. I've got nothing without You. - Third Day

I don't know, maybe this is an obedience test. Maybe it has something to do with the challenges Caleb's had at school and I'm going to need to be more available for him. Maybe I'm still supposed to stand alongside my man rather than cheer from the sidelines. Maybe the timing is just off. No matter what it is, I feel at peace with the decision and that's a great way to begin this new year.

I love You, God and I fully trust you with my future. For I know the plans you have for me; plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: