Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's Time. . . .

Well, it's the start of 2011 and I feel changes in the wind, though I'm not sure exactly what they are. I've been struggling in Children's Ministry for over a year now and it's time to let someone know. I've been doing this for 12 years now and one of the main things I've learned is that when you're in leadership if you look behind you and no one is following, then you are simply talking a walk . . . . you aren't leading anything. That's how I feel right now - I feel like I'm taking a long, lonely walk and it's time to let my leadership know. Because if I'm taking a walk, I am either 1. not leading effectively or 2. attempting to lead in the wrong area. Either way, it's time for a conversation to help me see what needs to be done. I want 2011 to be an effective year for the Children's ministry in our church and if that means a change for me in my leadership skills or moving me out of the way so someone with the proper skills can take over, I'm game for whatever. There's a little fear of the "whatever" because I'm a planner, but I've jumped into the deep end of the pool with God before and He hasn't let me sink yet! Here's to a great year! (splash!)


About 20 min's after I posted, I saw this from a friend on FB: "Out of our greatest rejection comes our greatest direction. When you come to a closed door, or something doesn't work out in your life, instead of seeing that as the end, regard that as God nudging you into a better direction. Yes, sometimes it's uncomfortable; sometimes we may not like it. But we cannot make the mistake of just sitting back & settling where we are." By Joel Osteen

No comments: