Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Great Adventure

Well, for those who don't know yet, I am leaving Jack & Jill Preschool to help Dennis run our new Batteries Plus store. I have had 5 amazing years at the preschool and I love what I do, but I feel God (not to mention, Dennis) wants me to stand beside my man as we take on this new adventure.

It's interesting how God shows us in subtle ways that we are on the right track, even if we aren't completely sure where exactly it is we are going. I began reading the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge a few weeks ago. It states that three basic needs that women have are to:
1. Be romanced
2. Play an irreplaceable part in a great adventure
3. To unveil their beauty
Well, although I'm not exactly sure how much help I'm going to be in the Batteries Plus adventure, Dennis believes I am an irreplaceable part in this adventure. I'm learning to embrace this as a positive thing, because I am so completely in over my head. I don't know the first thing about batteries, but I know Dennis needs me and I would never let him down.

He is excited about us working together and believes it will be fun. I'm hesitant to go that far yet, but I am at complete peace with my decision and in honoring both God and Dennis in this, I know I am sheltered under the shadow of the Almighty for this great adventure that I was apparently made to be a part of!

There is just something about unity. Even though Dennis and I have always been unified, this is different. Together, we are fighting side by side for our financial freedom. Many of you know we also have an internet-based business that we do together. But, in the beginning, we were not unified. It in fact, was quite ugly. I was quite ugly. I promised myself I would never again not support my husband. No, we'll never agree 100% all of the time, but I can choose to walk in unity with him even when I disagree. God, I believe, is using this opportunity for me to help make up to him what I truly believe I stole from him, from us, from our family. I'm grateful for a forgiving husband and a forgiving God.

Starting June 25th, Dennis and I will stand side by side building our future and the Kingdom of God, together. As one. Unified!

1 comment:

sarahdawn said...

God created a dynamic and influential team when he put you and Dennis together. I look forward to "watching" your adventure unfold and am happy to know that parts of our adventures will overlap! Love you!