Saturday, June 16, 2007

Do I Really Believe God?

I found myself doubting God last night. It's so hard when you want something so badly, but fear never getting it. Dennis and I have been fighting financial struggles for years; that's no secret to anyone that knows us well. We have been blessed with beautiful children, a healthy family, a house over our heads and vehicles that run, so please don't think I'm whining or complaining. This is about my personal struggle with trust.

God showed me a few months ago that I don't really trust Him. That could very well be why we face the financial struggles we do. So, now that Dennis and I are starting a new venture to help us climb out of the pit of debt, doubt is once again attempting to settle in.

I've been reading the Beth Moore book, Believing God and it is amazing! Also, it is apparently what I need right at this very moment. I found myself talking to aloud to boost my faith stating that I believe God can do what He says He can do . . . for me. That's the kicker - I believe it, but do I believe it for myself? I'm working on it! I am bound and determined to fix this mindset so my family can quite going in circles in the desert and cross over to the promised land. It's time for the harvest we've been preparing for!

Lord, I confess that I believe You can do what You say you can do for ME. I thank you for loving me and leading me on this path to learn to place all my trust in You. For You are Jehovah Jireh, my provider!

1 comment:

sarahdawn said...

I'm with you girl! The book is great and has really convicted in some parts. It is so hard to believe for myself. I too find myself speaking out loud my faith statements and I can feel the Spirit moving when I do it. Glad we're on the journey together! Love you!!!!