Friday, April 6, 2007

The Countdown to Transition . . .

Well, today is Dennis' final day at UCS. I remember the day 12 years ago that he told me he had gotten a job there. I flipped out! My ex-boyfriend worked there, who I had just recently broken up with and all I could think of was, "This is Houston! In a city of many millions of people and thousands upon thousands of job possibilities, how in the world did you find the same company as my ex!" His only response was, "This is going to be fun!"

Dennis has had a good career at UCS as far as jobs go. He enjoys what he does and has absorbed tons of information, skills, and made some lifelong friends. With that said, being an employee has never been his heart. Ownership has always been his dream. Today at 5:00 PM will be the official kickoff of that dream.

I am so proud of him! He has always been a fabulous husband, father, and provider. My personal goal for this year is to be his biggest cheerleader and #1 fan. In the past it's not always been as it should and it's time for me to make it right.

As he begins this journey of franchise owner, it will be a major transition for our family as we learn to balance new responsibilities and time schedules. The kids are excited about Daddy's new truck with the Batteries Plus advertising all over it. All that's left is the actual building. One has been chosen and wheeling and dealing that is way over my head is going on.

Dennis will be gone for a month to training, so I'll become a single mother for awhile. Not a journey I'm particularly excited about, but it's a necessary one, so I've been praying for God's strength, wisdom, and grace to get me through this season.

So, cheers to my man! My husband, friend, father to our kiddos, and Kingdom Builder!

3 comments:

sarahdawn said...

It's gong to be an awesome journey! I meant what I said before about y'all coming over for dinner AT LEAST twice while he's gone! When does he actually leave?

Stephanie said...

You can do it! I know you can. I have been there and done that! Prayers to you and the kiddos! Prayers to Dennis while he travels. Everything will be fine, I promise! The month will fly by so fast! Good luck!

Unknown said...

I researched a Batteries Plus for my hometown (Dayton, Ohio) but all the franchise locations in this area were taken. This will be a great time for you both especially with your support and prayers.
While he is gone for a month just think of all our soldiers and their families. Good luck