Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Hi! My Name's Marlin - and I'm a Clown Fish.

First off, let me explain the whole clown fish thing. . . My best friend, Kimberly, and I are complete opposites. She's outgoing, carefree, and brings me out of my shell. I, on the other hand, am conservative, anal, and anti-social. If any of you have ever seen the movie, Finding Nemo you know the two main characters (besides Nemo) are Marlin (Nemo's ultra conservative dad) and Dory (the fish with short-term memory loss that's just out to have fun). She and I call ourselves Marlin (me) and Dory (Kimberly). We've worked together for almost 5 years and anytime anything goes wrong I'll tell her, "this is bad Dory, really bad". A line from the movie when the two fish are surrounded by jellyfish. Kimberly and I have loads of fun and compliment each other in the work environment. In leadership, we are trained to surround ourselves with people who are strong where we are weak. God has done that by bringing the two of us together. That's the reason for the name, just for the record, though, I'd like to think I'm slightly more funny than Marlin actually is in the movie!

4 comments:

norrisde said...

"That's not funny!!! And I know funny!....I'm a clown fish!

Love ya babe!

sarahdawn said...

Did you know you picked the same format as my original blog! How cool. Of course, my font is much more fun looking than your choice. :-) Love you!

Stephanie said...

Glad to see that you have a blog. Can't wait to read some more.

sarahdawn said...

I'd love to see Dennis' softer side. :-) I think the email I used is the txcyber one